Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Can You Give Dogs Olive Oil

EXCLUSIVE! - Interview with Vicente Garcia, director of Dolmen and author of "Revelation Island"

Good night, dear readers Absent.

If just a few days ago, from this blog to a review of the upcoming new books in the zombie genre that will appear soon or have already done so recently, now we return this thread to talk of the authors.

During the next few weeks, we will try to be they who, agreeing to be interviewed, reveals a little more, we have a few things about them and their work and ultimately, we have the pleasure to discover who is behind pen.

Today we have with us to nothing more and nothing less than Vicente Garcia, author of "Revelation Island" and known by most of you for being the founder of the renowned Editorial Dolmen.






Vincent is a busy man. And even more now in full campaign to promote the novel. So I doubly thank you have been kind enough to give us some minutes for this interview.
Without further ado, I leave you with ....



-Interview-


AI - Who is really Vicente Garcia? VG-

First, a book lover of all types, someone who is incapable of not reading while eating, traveling ... I guess that led to devote myself to first publish a magazine about comics, then comics, more Later books about comics and finally novels.
And of course, someone who loves writing and it goes from fear to do so.


AI - Where does your love of literature and therefore, writing?

VG-Good question. I that is innate, since I was born. My father bought me nts cue, since I have reason, and one thing led to another.


AI - Do you feel special predilection for horror, science fiction and fantasy, or enjoy any other kind?

VG "Actually I like all subjects, and I just make the book entertaining, I think that is the basis for a book I like. From there one expects that the publisher has done its job well and have selected the author and the book is well written


AI - Do you have a favorite author? Does anyone who have as a reference?
VG-So many names from Tolkien Asimov, Robert A., Verne, Salgari ... There are so many geniuses out there to discover.

AI-Apart from writing, "A devoted Vicente Garcia when the editor does?

VG-Dedicated to my work most of the time, luckily I love my job and I'm with him all the time. But actually I have all kinds of hobbies that I try to insert in the middle of my job: Seeing and playing soccer (I'm almost addicted), eat well, listen to the radio (as I do now to answer this questionnaire as well be the thing-jejejejejeje- ), movies, current TV series American they are really good to have sensational scripts (24, Lost, Alias, House ...) ... And the games, but as I get addicted to those style build civilizations, empires wargames or expand (World of Warcraft, Civilization, etc.). took many years without playing for banning "prescriptive" own, could be hours and hours and hours playing (I leave it for when I retire)







AI - How were your beginnings in the publishing world? Tell us how were your first steps and how was the experience.

VG-Making Dolmen photocopy fanzine which has become the flagship publication of the editorial, as the magazine of reference in the comic world as far as information is concerned. It was a trip that lasted more than 17 years.

AI - How was the experience of publishing your first novel? Have you felt strange to be at once across the table?

VG-editing it I felt strange, not typing. Wear all all my life writing (and publishing): articles, reviews, interviews, features, scripts ... but editing the novel and see it has been rare noses. I really enjoyed writing it and it shows, or so they say.


AI-Dolmen The final draft has been the creation of the "Z line" and it is obvious that this working very well ... How did you consider its birth? VG-

Fate drove us. Things were squaring as the whole team was emerging as Dolmen fan item, since the last fellow who came to cover artist, editors, and contributors ... Of course a server.


AI-know and found (with great satisfaction) that Dolmen has always been an exception and has been a reference for fans and a springboard for the new authors, so I would ask: What is your opinion concerning the current situation in the literature genre? Do you think we are gradually moving forward? Do you think that both the publishers and the public are finally giving it the importance it deserves these sorts our (Fantasy, Horror and Science Fiction), so derided until recently, or otherwise, is still classed as minority gender?

VG-Spain is a great place with creative, people deserve more opportunities given to them. It's one of those areas where we have nothing to envy anyone. We have been for centuries and this time is no exception. I do not understand is that gender has traditionally excluded from many sectors except the public.







AI-Si Vicente Garcia was editor, would been ...?

VG-I would have liked to be a journalist or writer, of course. While living in Mallorca I think I would finish working on something related to tourism.

AI-A Vicente Garcia afraid ....

VG "So many things. Currently something happening to my twins for two years (another of my hobbies). I thank heaven for having a job that allows me to be with them. As if someone does not leave the accounts, I have no choice but to sleep only 5 hours as well, try going to the gym 3 times a week to clear my head, something that works for me for 12 years.
Worldwide, see how human beings means increasingly less (I guess there are people who are not interested that arise as we understand.


AI-And finally: Tell us what the last book you read, the last movie you seen and the last cd you've heard.

VG "Right now I am with a book by Jules Verne Adventures of three Russians and three Englishmen in Southern Africa (seasoned with zombies books to feed the line but the weight falls on Álvaro).
The last movie I remember seeing in theaters was Cell 211 (brutal) or Zombieland, do not remember (indeed, that the latter seemed like a real nut, I guess I expected to see something else.) He
latest CD one of Kylie Minogue, of which I am a fan (things of youth)

AI - Well, that's all, Vicente. A pleasure and thank you very much for your kindness.

VG - To you ... Encantado.



And even here the interview.
I hope you like least interesting result. I think it is important that the relationship between author-reader go beyond reading their books and see your name on the cover, is not it?







"Vicente García (Palma de Mallorca, 1971) has been linked to the publishing world for almost twenty years. Technician Diploma Business and Tourist Activities, did not take long to realize that the tourism industry was not what he drew and decided to focus on the world of linking to the comic narrative and literature.
Usual radio and founder of the magazine about comics 'Dolmen' has worked for various national and international publishers and has been writing and reading since he can remember.
' Revelation Island' is its contribution to a genre that has a passion and hopes to write some sequels, not tired of repeating that in the book is the explanation to mix an English word and English in the title of the work. "

A greeting and to the next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment